Guu Original on Thurlow
- 838 Thurlow Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6E 1W2
- [Mon – Sat] 11:45am – 1:30pm
- [Mon – Sat] 5:30pm – 12:30am, [Sun] 5:30pm – 12:00am
Guu Original on Thurlow is where the Izakaya boom all started. The Thurlow location is not only the first Guu to open but, it was the very first Izakaya in Vancouver. Established in 1993 as “Raku” (then changing to “Guu” in 2000), this Guu location offers the most authentic izakaya experience, offering classic dishes like Yaki Udon & Oden.
Guu with Garlic
- 1698 Robson Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6G 1C7
- [Mon – Sun] 11:30am – 2:30pm
- [Mon – Sat] 5:30pm – 0:30am, [Sun] 5:30pm – 0:00am (If the next Monday is a holiday, Sunday closes at 0:30am. Monday holiday closes 0:00 am)
Guu with Garlic is all about “Garlic is Sexy”. Also known as “Guu Robson”, this location was the second Guu to open. Being sexy is not just about feeling sexy on the outside. It is the fundamental attitude of reflecting energy. Garlic is good for you! It makes you healthy and beautiful, from the inside out! Enjoy classic Izakaya dishes with a garlic infusion in each sexy dish.
Guu with Otokomae
- #105-375 Water Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6B 5C6
- [Sun – Sat] 11:30am – 12:00am
Guu with Otokomae in Gastown brings a contemporary twist to the regular Izakaya menu. “Otokomae” means “being an ambassador for men (representing their best features)” or “true masculinity”, both physically and mentally. Each of our dishes carefully crafted to an almost “art-like” perfection, making them both visually pleasing and delicious. Otokomae is perfect for groups, or even a sophisticated dinner for two at the counter.
- M101-888 Nelson Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2H2
- [Mon – Fri] 11:30am – 2:30pm [Sat, Sun & Holiday] 0:00pm – 3:00pm
- [Sun – Thu] 5:30pm – 12:00am, [Fri, Sat, a night before holiday] 5:30pm – 12:30am
Whether it be a warm summer night, sitting at our outside patio enjoying our original beer & sake, while nibbling on our delectable Japanese creations and gazing at the stars from between the branches of an enormous pine tree or sharing some Oden with family and friends while experiencing “old school” Japan with our “Hori-gotasu” (a Japanese style sunken dining table) in our zashiki area. We offer customized party menus for larger groups as well. Guu Garden – a beautiful oasis in the middle of Downtown Vancouver.
Guu Izakaya Toronto
- 1314 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M6K 1L4
- [Sun – Thu] 5:30pm – 10:30pm, [Fri & Sat] 5:30pm – 11:30pm
Welcome to Toronto’s Only Guu Izakaya, located on lively Queen Street in the West Parkdale Community. Just like Parkdale, Guu Izakaya is all about “community and bonding”. Come enjoy authentic & original Japanese cuisine, original drinks, and our Guuu’d atmosphere, with a menu serving your favourite Guu Items as well as new daily specials! Irasshaimase!
- 1239 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 1N4
- [Sun – Sat] 5:00pm – 12:00am
Featuring two of popular Japanese authentic nabemono hot pots, Shabu Shabu and Oden, Guu Devie opened its door in Feb 11th 2019. Please enjoy authentic Japanese comfort dishes of twisted fusion oden to classic oden, simple kelp broth shabu shabu to carefully prepared flavourful broth soup shabu shabu such as tonkotsu broth and Japanese curry broth. Yes, we still have your favourite karaage and freshly cut sashimi!